While we were in Boston, I had my first taste of American style, still, homemade lemonade and I loved it. I bought it at every lemonade stand we came across, whether it was at the baseball, in the park, at the festival we attended or just on a street corner. One time I peeked my head over the counter to watch how it was made and I was stunned at the simplicity. It's so simple, yet so tasty - I had to come home and give it a go myself!
Ingredients: (makes 2 large glasses)
- 2 large lemons
- 8 tsps sugar
- approx 750ml water
- ice cubes
- lime wedges
- Juice the lemons
- Add the sugar to a small jug and add a very small amount of boiling water, to dissolve the sugar
- Add the lemon juice to the dissolved sugar
- Divide the lemon/sugar mix between your glasses
- Top up the glasses with water
- Add plenty of ice and some lemon, lime or even orange wedges
- Then drink!
These quantities are approximate - based on my personal preferences. Once you know the ingredients and method, you can adjust the quantities to suit your tastes! This recipe is super simple but such a refreshing summer drink - why not increase the quantities and make a jug to take to a BBQ?
Let me know if you try this lemonade yourself - I hope you enjoy!