Sometimes we all need a change in our lives. Whether it’s a new pair of shoes or a change in surroundings, it’s always good to mix things up. Take your bedroom for instance, really small changes can make the world of difference, but if you like to change things often it’s important to do this without blowing your budget.
Here's a few of my most wanted homeware pieces at the moment -
Here's some top tips for redecorating your bedroom without spending a fortune:
- · Create a focal point with unusual, unique furniture for a one of a kind look that will make your friends envious. Search charity shops and car boot sales for old pieces which need just a little sandpaper and TLC to become the centre piece of your room. An antique chest of drawers or an elegant mirror can completely change the look of your room.
- · Kingsize duvet covers are also great if you want to make a statement – of course it’s a good idea to have a king size bed as a focal point too! Invest in a variety of duvetcover sets to transform your bedroom – distinctive designs and patterns can help to lift the décor without any heavy lifting and a huge price tag.
- · Inject pops of colour with accent pieces, materials and patterns. Alternatively layer the room with colour by throwing together a variety of tones and textures but make sure they complement each other. A change of colour is a quick, cheap way to re-vamp your room.
- DIY artwork can be a fun way to spice up your bedroom, show some personality and achieve a look that you are really proud of on a purse friendly budget. If you don’t have much of a creative streak, then you could always turn old photos into art. You could transform a neglected but much loved photo from your computer into a large scale print, or collect all your old snapshots from way before the digital age and show them off by attaching them to photo holders.
- · Snuggle up by piling on the pillows and increase comfort by making your bedroom somewhere you don’t ever want to leave. It’s great for relaxation – but not so great for encouraging you to get up for work in the morning. Cushions and pillows are also a great way of adding pattern and colour to a room for very little cost!